Monday, July 27, 2009

Stamping, etc.

This is what I’ve been doing lately-
I’ve been dyeing, stamping, printing, monoprinting, and painting fabrics for a series of art quilts. As you can see, I like lizards – I have no idea why- I just like the way they look. Through the years I’ve made quite a few lizard quilts. I make my own stamps – lizards - I batik, yup, lizards –fusible appliqué, you guessed it – lizards. I’ve never owned a lizard –or ever even met one up close & personal (unless,of course, you consider a few guys I’ve met in bars –I used to be a bartender) Well I do make some things other than lizards.
  
P7260056    P7260057

I just put this design wall up in my dining room ( I use that term loosely –there is never any dining in the dining room – the table is always piled high with projects –I know you can relate to that!)  It’s just some of that pink foam insulation stuff from Home Depot that I covered with some batting. I love it – now I want one in every room. There’s just something about being able to see everything from a few feet away- very clarifying. Now I need one to use for a backdrop for taking photographs of my work for the blog. And I need another one for laying out & previewing the quilt as I assemble it.
Well, if I’m going to get any work done today I’d better get going – I am still muddling through this blogging process – downloading the pics, formatting,figuring out all this stuff as I go along –& I don’t know how to type – yikes ( I know Mom, I should have listened to you in high school). But learning every day – I love to learn new things.


No comments:

Post a Comment