Monday, March 28, 2011

A Little Quilt Music




When I'm machine quilting I love to crank up the music & dance with the quilts. (Come on quilters, don't you do this too!) This nice freehand feather was done to the sounds of Van Morrison with a little spicy Carlos Santana thrown in for inspiration.
When I first started machine quilting I was so tense I couldn't loosen up and get those nice curves - that's where Norah Jones came in. I would play the same Norah song over & over, " come away with me in the night ...", that would get me into a smooth rhythm  and the quilting would flow. Sometimes I  get into a little mesmerizing Zen thing and I listen to an album called Cho with chanting by Tibetan nuns - very in-the-zone stuff. 
(This is the raffle quilt for my guild - batiks - very pretty -
we should sell lots of tickets for this beauty )

No comments:

Post a Comment