Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Chattahoochee Evening Stars Quilt Guild

After we came back from Paducah - I did a program at my sister's quilt guild in Atlanta. Jen Greer did a really nice post about my visit there. Check it out here:
Their guild is challenging themselves to "go green". This is right up my alley. I love to stamp & print using all kinds of recycled and repurposed objects. I have always been a picker, a junker and a dumpster diver - WAY before it became fashionable. I was shabby before it became "chic". My favorite places for art supplies are thrift shops, hardware stores and yard sales.
 I had a blast at the meeting - everyone was so enthusiastic & fun. Many members are already doing their own printing and stamping & some are new converts who want to try it out after seeing how simple it is to play, experiment and just have fun. The best part of meeting quilters is the great sharing of ideas & techniques - I always learn something new that I can't wait to try out.

No comments:

Post a Comment